Sunday, October 4, 2009

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

I made Pumpkin Chocolate Chip cookies and they turned out to be some of the best cookies I have ever made. Seriously. They are so moist and super easy to make. They actually kind of remind me of the pumpkin muffins that Starbucks offers in the fall so maybe that is why I love these little cookies so much. Here is the recipe in case you feel so inclined to try these yourself.

1/2 cup butter brought to room temperature
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 large egg
1 cup of canned pumpkin
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
2 1/2 cups flour
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips

Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Cream the butter and sugar together in a large bowl. Add the egg, pumpkin and vanilla and mix well. In a small bowl mix the baking powder, baking soda, salt, pumpkin pie spice and flour together. Gradually add the flour to the pumpkin mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips. Using a teaspoon drop the mixture onto a cookie sheet and bake for 17 minutes. Makes 36 cookies.

The dough is extra thick for these cookies and they do not really spread out as they are cooked which keeps the cookies pretty thick. One more thing...I lined my cookie sheet with parchment paper so the cookies were super easy to remove from the pan.

Aubrey loves these cookies so I have had to keep them up high enough so she can't reach them. This girl thinks cookies and cupcakes are self serve and I end up with half eaten cookies left around the living room.

2 comments:

Lydia said...

oh these sound and look awesome, I will for sure be making these! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, I'm heading to the store now for more parchment paper!