Saturday, October 10, 2009

I Love This Time of Year


It is raining this morning and I don't mind. It is a good excuse to drink some hot chocolate, grab a warm blanket and read a magazine or book with the girls. I think maybe the girls dislike the rain because they were both extra grumpy this morning. It made me want to put them back into bed and start the day over but since that was not an option I just let them cry for a bit and now they are in a much better mood. Neither one of them is very good at sharing their toys yet so we had a major struggle over a talking piggy bank and them I think Aubrey was upset because Lolo drank some of her milk. It is the little things that really bring on the tears.

This past Thursday I drove to Nürnberg to see Stephanie and partake in some Starbucks. I had a dream about Starbucks on Tuesday night and knew that it has been a very long time since I had visited my most favorite coffee company in the entire world. As a matter of fact the last time I had Starbucks was while we were in Munich the first week of June. To compensate for the fact that is has been 4 months since my last frappuccino I drank 2 of them...one when I got there and another on our way out of the altstadt. What can I say? I am a Starbucks junkie. I admit it. A great friend, my beautiful daughters and excellant coffee in a beautiful city are the perfect ingredients for a perfect afternoon.

No comments: