Friday, October 30, 2009

Halloween Tag

The girlies and I were invited to a Halloween party tomorrow night and I will be bringing a bottle of wine for the hostess so I made this cute little tag to hang on the bottle rather than find a wine bottle gift bag.

This took me 20 minutes to make and I am happy with the results. I used an old tag template I have and then traced it onto kraft cardstock and then traced it again onto the pattern paper. I could have cut the tag using my Slice but didn't really want to mess around with it today. Then printed the Trick or Treat onto a piece of white cardstock before I stamped and embossed the spider web. I used a Fiskars border punch and black ribbon from Maya Road. I inked all the edges and adhered the patterned paper to the kraft cardstock. I attached the spider web with foam squares. Finally I punched a hole into the tag so I could add the orange ribbon to hang onto the bottle. Even though the patterned paper is double sided I wanted to be able to write a quick message to the hostess on back which is why I adhered it to a plain cardstock and it really gives the entire piece more stability.

I will probably make a couple of these to have on hand as last minute gifts for different occasions. A bottle of wine is always a nice gift and adding a handmade tag tells the recipient that you took the time to put the gift together.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Shanon!
Cute tag!

Happy Halloween,
Teri
Paper Crafts Go-to-Gal