Monday, July 20, 2009

Today Is The Day....



Today is the day I have been dreading for a year. James left for yet another deployment to the Middle East this morning. These deployments have been getting closer together for him and I just wish the girls and I could keep him to ourselves for longer than 15 months at a time. Since we have been here James has been working long hours to prepare for an inspection, covering the workload for a boss who was deployed and then moved months before the new boss arrived. His time at home has been limited.

I should know how this all works because I was active duty not too long ago. But does being away from your husband ever get easier? I know I miss James every single day he is gone. I certainly enjoy sharing the parenting duties but now I will have to do them by myself. I am most worried about keeping his memory fresh for the girls. I am not going to whine any longer. I am not the first military wife left behind and I certainly won't be the last.
I made a paper chain that we will use to count down James' return. Every week we will rip off a link until they are all gone. I hope this little activity will help Aubrey understand when Daddy will be home again.

No comments: