Friday, October 14, 2011

“Leafing” Memories Behind Blog Hop

Good morning!  Thanks for swinging by my home in cyber space as you hop along to some of my peeps’ blogs for the Leafing Memories Behind Blog Hop.  You should have arrived here from Amanda’s blog Love Joy Paper.  The theme for this hop was leaves and I knew the photos I wanted to use right away. 
On This Fall Day LO
We took a trip up to Dresden, Germany last fall and we found this small but beautiful courtyard in front of an old church.  The trees were a fantastic yellow and there were huge leaves all over the ground.  The girls played with the leaves while JG went up into the church.  They had so much fun!
I just purchased some Bazzill Two Scoops Cardstock in various colors to include the “Moose Tracks” (rich brown color) recently and was excited to try it out.  I lightly sanded it to expose the vanilla color beneath the brown. I didn’t add a big title because I liked the title on the journaling card so I left it at that.

Here is a list of supplies that I used for this LO:
Bazzill Basics Cardstock in Apricot
Bazzill Basics Two Scoops Cardstock in Moose Tracks
Bella Blvd Finally Fall “At the Patch” and “Cute Cuts”
Cosmo Cricket 2” Glüber for the base of my ribbon flower
American Crafts ribbon – Brown
Maya Road ribbon – Pink
Stampin’ Up! Early Espresso Ink

Here is a photo of the church so you can see why we loved this little spot.  I loved the contrast between the colors of the leaves, the blue sky with wispy clouds and the gorgeous church steeple.  I love the fall and the opportunities for getting some stunning photos! 
Dresden Church

Thanks for hopping over today!  If you want to win some yummy German cookies and chocolate become a follower and leave me a comment telling me your favorite fall drink and I will pick a winner Sunday at 12 PST.  I love apple cider but it is hard to come by here.  I cannot wait to be back in the USA next fall so I can get some fresh cider because I really miss it!

Next stop is Ashley’s blog, Ashley’s Paper Doll.  She is über talented and I bet she has an amazing project to share with you.  If you want to join in on the fun you can create your own leafy project and link it to Amanda’s blog to win a prize of your own.

Enjoy hopping along and I hope you have a great weekend!

24 comments:

OkanoganHighlandsPhotography said...

Beatufiul picture!!! And what an adorable page!!!!! Great pictures.

Ashley Horton said...

Adorable page, Shannon! I love how you used the Bella Blvd papers and that photo is gorgeous! My favorite Fall drink would have to be Coke...which is my favorite drink all year round! :)

Linda E said...

Beautiful layout, Shanon! And what a beautiful church that is.

Jennifer DeWolfe said...

I love your background paper! It work perfect for this layout. Great job and yes I can see why this place is a favorite ... It looks stunning!

Moongirl said...

I love the photos! And your page is so cute! I seriously love the brown paper with the vanilla polka dots; adorable and so is the tree paper.

Moongirl said...

Oh, and I already follow you and now is when i dig out the hot chocolate and put a splash of almond syrup in it. DD says to try raspberry too....yum!

blsd2scrp said...

I love fall! I'm loving your LO!my favorite fall drink is a nice mug of hot tea - a Lapsang Souchong variety! It's a black tea blend. Thanks for the hop and have a blessed day!

Stacia Brandt said...

What a pretty layout....I have to get outside when we have a non-rainy day and get some pictures of the pretty fall colors around here.

Steffanie said...

Love your layout---so cute! The photo of the church with the fall colors is gorgeous!
I tried to follow but it just keeps putting me in this sign-in loop that won't end...sorry. My fave fall drink is a pumpkin spice latte!

GLOANN said...

Love your LO and easy to see why you loved that spot. The picture is gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

Fun paper! I can see why you were anxious to use it. My eye was drawn to your wonderful embellishment grouping at the lower right hand corner. I really like the strips hearts. The paper and the heart shape were an unexpected surprise! Beautiful church! I think my favorite cold weather drink is apple cider as well! Great job Shannon!

Heather Doolittle said...

I love your layout, Shanon! The colors are so bright and cheery but fallish too! :) Love it. I don't really have a "fall" drink, I like sunkist all the time.

Adele said...

I LOVE the Dresden Church! It's one of my favourtie spots in Germany!

That background PP is just awesome!

Megan D said...

Very cute Shannon. I like hot chocolate since I am allergic to most stuff.

alisonm said...

Beautiful church! I love the paper!

Favorite fall drink? Hot apple cider with spices! Yum!

Devra said...

This is so pretty. I love the picture of the clock tower too.

Caroleb said...

Great LO

csewy-csescrap13 said...

A darling layout with sweet photos, love the dark paper behind the photos!! Your photo of the church and trees is gorgeous, awesome!!

Laurie said...

Love the picture! And a great layout to showcase the pictures. My favorite fall drink would be hot buttered rum.

Emily Thubbron said...

I love these pics. What a beautiful place. I can see why it is one of your favorites.

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love your page!! The photos are great and I love the PP :)
Melissa

Snips and Snails said...

Super cute layout. I'm already a follower. I don't really have a favorite fall drink, but when it gets cold, I love candycane hot cocoa.

bfran55 said...

Great photos! Love the pp too. Cute LO. One of my favorite fall drinks is a mixture of apple cider and cranberry juice known as "vampire's blood". It is supposed to be served cold but I like it warm with cinnamon sticks.

Jackie said...

love the papers and how you arranged your layout on them!