Thursday, February 14, 2013

Project Life Weeks 5 & 6

I really, really have the hardest time photographing the weeks through the page protectors. This week I tried my point and shoot rather than the DSLR and ended up with worse shots.  I really struggle to get good light in this house.

Week 5:

I didn’t get a clean image when I stamped the date but I just left it.  It doesn’t bother me too much.  A photo of some of my girls dress up clothes and some of our crazy weather.  The ice on the pool cover started to melt in an pretty cool way so I took a photo of it (bottom left).  I used some Cosmo Cricket Tiny Type stickers on the last card to spell out “Favorite Songs” and listed a few songs my girls are loving right now.

Aubrey celebrated 100 days of school this week and we had to make a shirt with 100 things.  She brought home the 100th Day sticker so I just added it.  I found a drawing the girls made from one of Aubrey’s school projects so I reduced it and printed it out.  The bottom right is my grandma’s writing on the back of a quilt she made.  My family had saved me some of her things after she passed away so this is extra special to me. 

Week 6:

Last week I shampooed our living room carpet, it was a mess!  It looks so much better and the photo is before I moved the furniture back in.  The Daisy girls made Valentines cards for the elderly and Josh Groban’s album “All That Echoes” was finally released.  I love it so much I dedicate a few pockets to music this week.  I found the photo of Josh Groban on his website and added my journaling right to the photo.  I cut the heart music note on the Cameo and then found a music quote I liked, typed it and left a spot for me to write in a word.  P.S. – The CD is AMAZING!

The Fraizer History Museum in Louisville has a temporary exhibit, “Spirits of the Passage: The Story of the Transatlantic Slave Trade”, so we went to check it out.  It was a great exhibit.  The museum usually has some kind of interactive element in front and this time it was a long blackboard where you completed the phrase “Freedom is…”.  Aubrey wrote helpful, Lolo just wrote her name. 

The weather was mild this week so we spent some time playing outside.  I used a brush from Ali Edwards for the <3 Today and just stamped it off the edge of the photo before I printed it.  I used Cathy Zielski’s Tiny Templates for the 3x4 cards this week.  I love these little templates so much!  I can add a little bit of journaling and have extra photos.  By the way, you can find both Ali Edwards and Cathy Zielski’s stuff at Designer Digitals (the quarterly sale is still going on until tomorrow 2/15). 

I love this project more and more every week.  I cannot wait to have our entire year documented! 

No comments: