Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Almost There!

James has been gone for over 6 months now and we are finally on the homestretch.  I am so excited that I am not sure how I am going to get through the next week.  There is plenty of things to be taken care of and I could start packing for the little weekend getaway we have planned but those are just little things and I certainly welcome the distraction but I find the most difficult time of day to be at night when I climb into bed.  I lay awake for a very long time because I have a million thoughts running through my brain and it is only going to get worse every night until JG is finally home. 

This deployment has been the hardest one yet for many reasons.  First, I have two adorable but crazy toddlers to contend with on my own.  Second, we live in Germany now and while I can get around I sometimes feel limited in things I do or places to go.  I am certainly not as comfortable traveling around Germany as I was Seattle.  Finally, since I am now a stay at home mommy I find my interaction with other adults to be limited and sometimes I want to talk about something besides potty training, crayons and reasons why one shouldn't hit their sister. 

I am thankful that this separation is just about over and our little family will be reunited once again.  I am looking forward to the transition period and getting my girls reacquainted with their daddy.

No comments: