Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Welcome Summer!

It is about time our weather started feeling like summer instead of fall.  May was so cold and wet.  I inflated the girls pool on Sunday and they had a fantastic time playing in the water.  I hope the nice weather sticks around for a bit as I have learned that the weather in the summer here can be unpredictable.  One day we are sitting in front of the fan trying to stay cool and the very next we can be wearing sweatshirts and jeans to keep warm. 

Aubrey looooooooves being in the pool.  I bought small rings this year and once I got Aubrey to sit in it she didn't want to get out of it.  If she wanted to get to the other side of the pool she scooted herself over.


Lorelei doesn't like things to be too cold and the water generally is a little on the cooler side then I would like it to be.  She doesn't splash around as much as Aubrey but keeps herself entertained fairly well.  I was so lucky to capture this photo as she was looking at something in the bushes.


James and I took the girls for a short walk down the road last night.  There is a small farm down the road that has horses and cows and they get excited to see the animals on our walks.  On our way to the farm we passed this slug and he was still making his way when we came back around.  This time the girls took notice and were interested in watching it for a minute.


I love summer and the opportunity it brings for us to spend time outdoors and for me to snap some cute photos of the my sweeties.  I hope your summer is off to a great start!

I used the Pioneer Woman's Seventies Action on all of these photos.  I simply adjusted the opacity layer to a desired level.

No comments: