Monday, July 18, 2011

Enjoy Life

Enjoy Life LO

I really liked the 7/14 Sketchy Thursdays sketch and actually had this layout completed on Friday.  It came together easily and I like the end result a lot.  I have been using sketches more often lately and I find myself preserving more memories than ever before.  It also helps that I joined the “Layout Lottery” thread over at Club CK and set a goal to complete 25 layouts in 3 months.  That was a pretty lofty goal for me but I have finished 5 so far despite of our recent trips and am sure I will achieve my goal.

So, back to the layout above.  The photo is not technically perfect as it is a little dark (not as dark as it appears on the screen though) but I loved the way the light is falling on my daughters face and how she has her head tossed back with a huge smile, too.  It takes me back to when I was younger and loved to swing.  The simple joy it brings is on Aubrey’s face and I am glad I captured this moment.  It makes my heart happy! 

Enjoy Life LO 2

I used this cute stripe paper from Bella Blvd’s Palestino line along with the flowers that I fussy cut from another piece of paper from that line.  I busted out some green floss and hand stitched the stems before using foam squares to lift the flowers off the page.  I also used my sewing machine to add a zigzag stitch along the blue border and striped paper.

Enjoy Life LO 3

The adorable smiling sun is from the Cricut Create A Critter cartridge.  American Crafts Thickers and Cosmo Crickets Tiny Type Stickers were used for the title.  I cannot get enough of these Tiny Type stickers!  I love, love, love them so much and have them in many colors.   They are such a great versatile product to have in my stash.  I find myself using them all the time. 

Thanks for stopping by today! 

4 comments:

Moongirl said...

Super cute! I love the flowers and all the little details on them. It was a good sketch wasn't it? At first I was really unexcited about it, but it has so much potential.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love this!! GORGEOUS photo and loveeeeeeeeeee all the little flowers! Thanks sooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

ScrapsEls said...

Great picture and lovely layout; nthe flowers are really great!

lisa said...

Cute page. Love the flowers.
Thanks for playing with us at Sketchy Thursdays x